2 Bedroom Townhouse For Sale
Grimston Park Tadcaster LS24.
South and Easterly Facing
1490 sq feet + 1404 sq feet garden (excludes garage/drive/shed)
Detached private single garage
Grade II Listed
Real oak floors
real marble and cast fireplace
Restored sash windows
- Asking Price:
HouseSimple is pleased to present this substantial, former 3 bed south-facing and absolutely unique Grade II Listed, freehold heritage townhouse mews constructed from Tadcaster ashlar and grit stone, atop with its own 8 day 4-faced Clock Tower and weather vane. Designed by architect Decimus Burton 1840-41, this was originally the Butler’s residence and formed part of one of the last classical mansions of this style to be built in the North of England.
Recently fully refurbished to an impeccable standard with gas central heating, a marvellous wide real wood entrance hall and beautifully wide staircase leads to a stately ground floor ball-room style flexible living space with real oak floors, cornicing, working shutters, real marble and cast fireplace and double aspect (including French doors) to the secluded gardens and fields and folly beyond. Archway access is also given at ground level to a bright separate fully fitted kitchen with Neff and BOSCH appliances, comprising integral hob/extractor, fridge freezer, 2 ovens/grill, hose/mixer tap, larder cupboards and real stone floor and wall tiles.
To the first floor, luxury velvet carpets dress 2 (formerly 3) bedrooms, the latest master of which spans the full width of the house with a double southerly aspect.
The exquisite Savoy bathroom suite, controllable underfloor bathroom heating, towel radiator and dimmable lighting features a full roof height ceiling with 2 double glazed VELUX roof lights from which to view the clock and mezzanine access to another roof space.
A second double-sized bedroom comprises 2 fully fitted wardrobes, double sash aspect also and a second staircase leading to a contained second floor yoga space, further stone mezzanine and ladder access to a third floor outside seated deck within the clock tower itself from which to privately enjoy a delightful 360 degree aspect of the entire estate, whilst protected from the elements above.
Access to the winding room above within the clock faces is gained by the folding ladder there present. Note: lighting and power is fed to all floors.
Its vast private formal garden to the rear spans 1405 square feet (130 square meters) and has been cultivated for year round pleasure. It can certainly be enjoyed all day as all of the property's prime living space and huge restored sash windows are of a southerly aspect to fields.
Outside, the home also benefits from both a detached private single garage with standing as well as courtyard parking, and gravelled overflow parking for guests. Further an adjacent rear shared garden shed and tap hidden by the trees.
In summary, with its high ceilings, late Victorian grandeur and Italianate villa style, this extraordinary residence is quite special and would perfectly suit a retired couple, professionals or heritage investor looking to enjoy the finer things in life.
FURTHER FEATURES / DIMENSIONS:
- ENTRANCE HALL 5' x 18.5" (1.52 x 5.64) with ornate Victorian radiator and raised stencilled window.
- GROUND LOUNGE-DINER ROOM 24'10" x 18'9" (7.56 x 5.72) plus an additional very large built in storage cupboard with light and socket. Victorian ceiling rose. TV and Satellite Aerial. Working wood panelled shutters to sash and French doors.
- GROUND KITCHEN 13'10" x 7'4" (4.22 x 2.24) with large entrance arch, inset 6ft towel radiator and chandelier. Also LED lighting and TV aerial. Sash window.
- LARGE DOUBLE LANDING / FIRST FLOOR HALL 17'6" (5.6) long plus offset landings space for furniture with Victorian built in shelved cupboard with inset drawers, and separate shelved airing cupboard with an additional water emersion heater. LED lighting.
- MASTER BEDROOM 18'10" x 15'9" (5.74 x 4.80) with ceiling cornice and dimmable LED lighting. Working restored shutters and sashes with reclaimed brass furniture.
- BEDROOM TWO 11'9" x 11'6" (3.58 x 3.51) with working wood panelled shutters to both sash windows. Dimmable lighting.
- CLOCK TOWER 13'1" x 8'11" (3.99 x 2.72) giving the new owner of this property private personal access to their very own freehold clock tower. PIR Security and Stationary lighting.
- BATHROOM/WC 5'2" x 13'8" (1.59 x 4.2) expanding to 8'4" x 19'1" (1.9 x 8.4) max with additional dimmable mezzanine lighting. This space could be used for additional storage.
- GARAGE 9'7" x 21'2" (2.98 x 6.46) with double opening doors and side access door, plus double windows an additional roof space through hatch.
All residents are part of a residents committee and each pay £55 per month contribution in to a central account, which pays for all sewerage, drain, drive maintenance aswell as estate electrics (overflow car park and courtyard lighting). There is no management company employed or any other fees payable or terms. This is the same as any other freehold property.
DIRECTIONS: Quickly accessible from the A162 (or via B1223 Kirkby Wharfe Village) down a private drive through the picturesque park land of Grimston Park Estate approximately 1 mile to the south of Tadcaster Town Centre amenities and bus station, and within 1-3 miles of the two village train stations of Ulleskelf and Church Fenton. Yet hidden within a peaceful, tranquil location, the Clock Tower is still within short distance of the national motorway network (A64, A1(M), M1) and regional business centres of York, Wetherby, Leeds and Harrogate, aswell as Sherburn in Elmet town amenities. 6 miles to Bramham and Boston Spa, 10 miles to Garforth, 11 miles to Wetherby, 11 miles to York, 16 to Leeds.
- Property Age: 178 years
- Council tax band: E (£1522.52 Per Annum)
- Double Glazing: Part
- Heating: gas
Local Area (within 1 kilometre)
Share this property
MISREPRESENTATION ACT, 1967. Conditions under which these particulars are issued Housesimple.co.uk for themselves and for the vendors or lessors of this property whose agents they are, give notice:-
These particulars do not constitute, nor constitute any part of, an offer or contract. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility on the part of Housesimple.co.uk or the vendors or lessors. None of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact. Any intending purchasers or lessees must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of the statements contained in these particulars.
The vendors or lessors do not make or give, and neither Housesimple.co.uk nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give, any representations, or warranty whatever in relationship to this property.
See how much you could save
Don't know your property's value? Why not get a free home valuation direct from us! Find out more.
Move the slider to the value of your property.
Based on 1% average high street estate agency fee and our No Sale No Fee package value. figures correct as of 20/09/17.