As spring kicks into full swing, buyers get a chance to see your home bathed in natural light and surrounded by spring flowers. It’s a great time to be selling your property, and the bank holiday often brings buyers out in droves. But even if you don’t have any viewings planned, it’s a great chance to get your home in tip-top shape for the season ahead. Here are a few things to keep in mind as a seller this May bank holiday.
Take the time to carry out the clichéd spring clean – it can make a big difference in overall impression.
- Polish any areas on your front door or entryway that have become dull over the winter months.
- Clear away any leaves or clutter in the garden, and trim back overgrown hedges to allow the spring growth to come through.
- If you have a garage or shed, now is a great time to throw out anything you don’t need – it helps you showcase the space in photos and at viewings, and will save you valuable time when you move.
- Make bathroom and kitchen tiles sparkle with a mix of baking soda and water, using an old toothbrush to clean the grouting.
- Wipe down windows with a solution of white vinegar and water to make sure you get the best of the natural light.
- Washing curtains or wiping down blinds will also help to brighten up your rooms.
Sell the area, too
With the extra day off, buyers from out of town often take the chance to stay overnight to scope out potential locations. For these types of buyers, be sure to tell them the positives about the local area. They may be deciding between several locations, so it could be more than just your home you need to “sell”. Busy young professionals may also take the chance of a break in their schedule to view properties. The transport links and nightlife will be more important to these buyers, as well as schools for those thinking of starting a family.
The team at HouseSimple.com wishes you the best of luck with making the most of this bank holiday weekend.